Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?

On 09/27/11 11:20 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
All my postgresql databases are in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/ in numbered
subdirectories. I've no idea in which one resides the database I want.

Is there a way to determine where my database is located?

Eeek! you NEVER directly access the postgres data files. rather, you connect to postgres via a socket, and ask it to fetch the data for you, thats just how it works.

your database and all the databases on that system are in /usr/local/pgsql/data ... they involve multiple of those subdirectories, you can't seperate the pieces from the whole without breaking it completely.

to use ODBC, you'd need to give it the DSN information, I don't know the exact format, but in general, its something like

	[PostgreSQL]
	Description         = Postgres Database FRED
	Driver              = PostgreSQL
	Trace               = Yes
	TraceFile           = sql.log
	Database            = FRED