Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening

At 04:13 AM 6/20/2011, Alexander Farber wrote:
why add a begin/commit if I only
have SELECT statements
there (in the default mode) and
the data isn't critical to me
(just some player statistics and
notes by other players - i.e.
a statistic or note is ok to be lost
occasionally)?

If you're not intending to write anything to the database you could try do a rollback instead of commit.

I'm not familiar with your system, but if you are getting

  SQLSTATE[25P02]: In failed sql transaction:
  7 ERROR: current   transaction is aborted,
  commands ignored until end of transaction block

Maybe you can do a rollback, begin, followed by your sql statements then rollback again.

You would get warnings for a rollback followed by rollback, but they might not be fatal (not sure about your config).

There might be a problem with one of the SQL queries and that's why it cannot be committed.

Alternatively the program logic might be bypassing a COMMIT. A BEGIN followed by a BEGIN would cause an "already in transaction" error which would cause the "transaction is aborted" problem.

Regards,
Link.