Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Views permision -- please help and suggestion

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:50:38 am salah jubeh wrote:
> I have two views A and B such that A depend on B. Both of them has the same
> permissions.

What are the permissions?

> when I excute
>
> SELECT * FROM  A;

Who are you executing the above as?

> ERROR:  permission denied for relation B
>
> ********** Error **********
>
> ERROR: permission denied for relation B
> SQL state: 42501
>

> However, I can do
>
> SELECT * FROM  B;
>
> How can I trace this problem, It really confuses me.

As was mentioned earlier the issue is in the relationship between A and B. As a
user you may have permission to both A and B and can access either. The A view
though may have  permissions that do not allow it to access B. As was pointed
out the ability of A to select from B is dependent on As permissions, not the
the user initiating the select.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx