Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dumpall behavior in 9.1beta1

Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah.rajesh@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> We migrated to 9.1beta1 from 9.0.x in our development environment.
> we shall report if any significant problems or issue arises out of this.

> one small thing that we observed rite now regarding pg_dumpall output is that

> the ALTER USER is referring to some db objects which are not created yet
> and this raises an ERROR this may cause some inconvenience where restoration
> is being carried out in a txn .

> example of relevant sql lines is given below

> CREATE ROLE pdns;
> ALTER ROLE pdns WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN
> NOREPLICATION PASSWORD 'md56dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' ;
> ALTER ROLE pdns SET search_path TO pdns;

> in above line the 'pdns' namespace does not exists yet.

When I do that, I get a harmless NOTICE, not an ERROR.  Are you sure you
are getting an error?

regression=# CREATE ROLE pdns;
CREATE ROLE
regression=# ALTER ROLE pdns WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN
regression-# NOREPLICATION PASSWORD 'md56dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' ;
ALTER ROLE
regression=# ALTER ROLE pdns SET search_path TO pdns;
NOTICE:  schema "pdns" does not exist
ALTER ROLE
regression=#

			regards, tom lane