Search Postgresql Archives

temporarily disabling foreign keys

Hi,

I'm not sure how best to handle this situation.  The tables in a
database need to be completely cleared and copy'ed into about every few
months, as they are updated with new records and corrections from a
provider.  Because the tables have foreign key constraints with 'ON
UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT', it's not possible to DELETE them
without violating these constraints.  I've been dropping the constraints
while doing these transactions and then recreating them once everything
is done, but this has gotten tedious.  Is there some way to "disable"
the foreign keys and enabling them after the transactions?  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb