Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL trap, and assertion failed

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:57:01 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
On 14/04/2011 2:06 PM, RadosÅaw Smogura wrote:
Hello,

I have small crash reporting code, which I use during mmap-ing database. After
last merge with master I got

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(slot> 0&& slot<= PMSignalState->num_child_flags)",
File: "pmsignal.c", Line: 227)
LOG:  server process (PID 5128) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(slot> 0&& slot<= PMSignalState->num_child_flags)",
File: "pmsignal.c", Line: 189)

I've installed crash reports on sigbus and sigseg signals. May I ask what may
be wrong, and how to prevent this?

The fact that you mention merging with master, and the fact that
you're trapping signals, suggests that you're running a modified Pg.
Without knowing what your changes are, it's probably going to be hard
for anyone to help. Thanks to the joy of C, it's easy to stamp all
over the stack or the heap, so all sorts of weird and wonderful things
can happen in code unrelated to the real source of the problem...

Yes, indeed, I deal with mmapings and I little play with memory, so there is some probability that I little "changed" memory. I asked, because someone may bear in mind such change about this assert. At this time, this trap do not, seriously, affect my work. Actually I want to show changes, but those are too big 140kb of bz2, and I have small problems with vacuum.

Regards,
Radek