Search Postgresql Archives

pg_restore problem with type

I have a backup of a database from 8.2.x and I am trying to restore it into 9.0.x

In 8.2.x I used the citext data type from pgfoundry (before it was part of contrib) and it was put in the pg_catalog.

In 9.0 I am using the citext data type in contrib and it put it into the public schema.

When I restore, using pgadmin, I get an error that citext type does not exist for all schemas except public.

If I execute the DDL command by itself, it works.

It looks like the public schema is not in the search path during the restore. Does this make any sense? How can I work around this?

Thanks

Sim