Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore

Are you able to distribute your dataset - if not to the general public, then to someone interested in identifying the fault?

probably not.  but let me ask...maybe I can come up with a creative solution.

Does the same dataset crash Pg when restored on another machine?

That is a good question. I'm running a full memtest on the server in question at the moment, just to be sure that this is not a hardware issue.  (And I'm assuming that if I was out of memory -- which I think is unlikely -- that I would get a different error.)

Let me see if I can load it somewhere else.   And since the only other machine I have to try it on is a Windows box, I will be able to answer my own question of "are pg_dump dumps OS-portable?"

--
Ignoring that little voice in my head since 1966!