Search Postgresql Archives

pgAdmin on Mac connecting to Postgres 9 on Linux - SSL/timeout issue

I have a Postgres 9 server running on a server out on the Internet and
I connect to it with pgAdmin on OS/X over an SSL connection.

I notice if I keep the connection open and idle for maybe an hour or
so, when I try to run a query it either times out or pgAdmin just
kinda freezes up and I have to force quit..  Is there some sort of
idle timeout setting on SSL connections, or maybe it has to
re-negotiate the connection after a certain amount of idle time and
it's not doing that right?

Anyone run into this before?  Thanks!

Mike