Search Postgresql Archives

Re: installing from source in Windows

On 10/18/2010 11:28 AM, Turner, John J wrote:

.. I thought it was worth a shot to try building from source with
MinGW/MSYS to get the pgxs files... but apparently not -- especially
since I'm on Windows XP 32-bit platform (hence the issue with 64-bit
datatypes bombing out during make, I presume)

No. 64-bit integers should work fine on a 32-bit platform and a 32-bit compiler.

Please post the "config.log" file generated by configure somewhere, so it can be examined. If you like, compress it and email it to me directly, not to the list, and I'll see if I can tell what's going on, though I don't use mingw and msys much.

In any case, if it's structured appropriately (I haven't checked) you should also be able to build the temporal package as a contrib module, by putting it in the postgresql source tree's contrib/ directory and compiling PostgreSQL with msvc. It was trivial for me to add a custom extension I was writing using that method.

--
Craig Ringer