Search Postgresql Archives

Re: installing from source in Windows

No at all familiar with MinGW, but I've done some "./configure"s in my time.

./configure scripts 1) check to see what the local build environment contains and 2) which special feature you wish to toggle.

But the pretty much assume a unix-like env. Could you put cygwin on rather than just mingw?

Turner, John J wrote:

I have MinGW installed and I’ve unpacked the pg 9.0 source files which now reside in the following path:

· C:\Program Files\postgresql-9.0.0

In Chapter 15.5 of the 9.0 manual, the installation procedure basically begins by instructing me to run_ ./configure_

This command does not work.

Much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction or clue me in to what I need in order to run the configuration script.

Thanks,

John