Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dump, shemas, backup strategy

Tom Lane wrote:
Please note also that Red Hat has been shipping PG 8.4 for RHEL5 for
awhile --- it's the postgresql84-* package set.  I would hope CentOS
has copied that by now.

They have, as of CentOS's 5.5 back in May, and I keep forgetting its there. I'm not sure whether I like the trade-offs that come from using that packaging in every case yet though. The dependency issues with httpd are particularly weird: http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.5 (last item in "Known Issues"). I personally would rather just replace the system database with the newer version directly as the PGDG yums do, but you're right that some might prefer to use the system one instead.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.2ndQuadrant.us