Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problems building from source

Magnus Hagander wrote:

Faced with that, I then changed my configure line to be ./configure
--prefix=ingw --with-gnu-ld --without-zlib (who needs zlib anyways,
right?). Now I was thinking that surely this would be the end of it and I
would soon have a fully built version of PostgreSQL ........ sadly not. I
now get this error.

    checking for atexit... yes
    checking test program... failed
    configure: error:
    Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
    related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
    for the exact reason.

Is mingw even fully supported on 64-bit today?

The mingw-w64 fork is fairly mature at the moment, and the devs are really helpful if you do happen to find something that doesn't work. The orignal mingw project 64-bit support is not that great.

http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS