Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problems building from source

"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
More likely, it's not finding the right one. Probably it's picking up
some completely different version of it because it's earlier in the
search path.

Here is the start of my PATH environment variable.

       c:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\mingw\bin;C:\mingw\lib;

If it is finding something else, its not looking in my PATH variable for it.

64-bit PostgreSQL builds isn't - it "should just work", but I don't
believe anybody has ever tried it. But this error shows a much more
fundamental problem than the PostgreSQL code, and you need to get that
solved first.

As I said, I have built other packages/libraries (both built the library/package itself AND compiled/linked it into my own program and run it successfully) with my current set up, so if there is something wrong with the toolchain then it is only showing its face because PostgreSQL is doing something that the other packages weren't doing. Honestly, I think that is enough to say that MinGW/MSYS can run on 64 bit systems and if PostgreSQL is only at the stage of "should just work" that there might be a bigger problem than my toolchain at play here.

Any particular reason why you don't want to build with the supported
toolset, which is the Microsoft (free) compilers? (See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/install-win32-full.html)

I am building with my current toolset simply because it appears to be working and it is already set up and I would rather not have to go through the hassle of having to set up another toolset.

Regards
Bidski