Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Int64GetDatum

John R Pierce wrote:
I have compiled some C (pljava.c) for solaris sparc 64 bit, setup the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so postgres can find it, and try and load it.

me=# CREATE FUNCTION sqlj.java_call_handler() RETURNS language_handler AS 'pljava' LANGUAGE C; ERROR: could not load library "/opt/mystuff/pljava/pljava.so": ld.so.1: postgres: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/mystuff/pljava/pljava.so: symbol Int64GetDatum: referenced symbol not found

oops.
anyways, some digging (thank you kris jurka!) has shown that my 64bit solaris tarball (from the postgres website) is missing the 64 bit includes and lib/64/pgxs/src stuff. for various reasons (many political) I'd like to get my module working with this version, hence would like to find the includes and stuff that were built with it. the website says Bjorn Munch of Sun built them. Does he monitor this list?

following up to my own post (how RUDE!)....

Bjorn came through with the pg_config.h and Makefile.global from his 64bit build, I dropped those in place on my dev box, and voila, I have pl/java working, and passing all the test suite except one test of javaU untrusted, which for now I'm chalking up to gremlins.