Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "1-Click" installer problems

Peter,

Are you sure about that? Have you actually tested that? Even if you
find that the old 8.3 pginstaller works where the EDB installer
failed, that doesn't actually demonstrate that pginstaller is
inherently superior to the EDB installer. It is likely due to a fluke.
Perhaps it is down to something vestigial from pginstaller remaining.

All I am saying is that the folks check out what the diff between EDB and the "old" installer is without jumping to conclusions about APPDATA or whatever because the old installer worked. Maybe it is a fluke but isn't it worth investigating in order to fix the installer?

Your incredible sense of entitlement is very irritating. Your unctuous
statement that "Evangelizing PGSQL was a mistake", as if you expect a
contrite letter, is just too much to bear.
   You're the one with the big ego. I think that people's responses so
far have been very subdued, considering how obnoxious you've been. In
your first e-mail, you called the EDB one click installer "a scam".

Sometimes we say things that we don't actually mean and this was one of them. I understand I have hurt some folks and I ask forgiveness from all of them.

I look forward to working with EDB and help them in fixing the issues.

-n.