Search Postgresql Archives

Re: hardware for a server

John R Pierce wrote:
Vick Khera wrote:
Interesting... same advice goes for Adaptec + FreeBSD.  I guess
Adaptec + !Windows == bad?

i've never liked adaptec, windows or not.

Yeah, I was trying to be as nice as possible since I don't run Windows anymore, and for all I know their cards are fine on that OS. For me, I just simplify to "Adaptec == bad", but can only tell you specifically why that is for Linux.

always been an LSI fan, as far back as when they were NCR Tolerant, then later Symbios. And the AMI Megaraid line, too.

I used to hesitate to recommend them only because their performance used to lag relative to some of the alternatives--they were more the "reliable but a bit slower" choice in earlier times. This is no longer the case.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.2ndQuadrant.us