Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Updating from 8.2 to 8.4

Adrian Klaver wrote:
Thanks Adrian, noted. I'm hoping to get onto 8.4 before too long because
of the analytic functions but that thread suggests that the best course
of action would be to make sure that my code is robust against the new
server and then decide on an upgrade schedule.

I'm building from scratch here so all options are as default except for
added Perl.

--

Alright then, nothing worse then trying to fix a problem that does not exist :)

"When a programmer has a hard time fixing a bug it's because he's looking in the wrong place." :-)

One other thing that came to mind in regards to the the 'changed record' problem is whether Row Versioning has been checked in the ODBC connection parameters?

No. However once I got to the point that a development machine was looking at the new server I could reproduce the problem and (appear to have) fixed it: the app was a scheduler running on a Windows system and contained a lot of pathnames with backslashes hence standard_conforming_strings = on.

I'll play with the new system for a few days and if all goes well try to migrate on New Year's Day.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk