Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Out of space making backup

Farhan Malik wrote:
That sounds right.  The error I get from the software is 2009/12/25
10:21:40.812: [00001EA8][ThreadBackupRestore] Restore Error: pg_dump:
[tar archiver] could not write to output file: No space left on device

Is there a way to have postgre put those large temp files on a
different drive?  I only have 4GB free on my C: drive and once the
temp files go over that I get an out of space error.  I have tons of
free space on other drives, including the one where I am asking that
the final backup.zip file goes.

As for changing the backup to a custom format, I will pass that on to
the developer of the software.

wild guess says, the value of the TEMP environment variable when the backup software is started will determine the path of where that temporary file is written. In MS Windows this usually defaults to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\