Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
Well, if you *never* get a failure, then yeah I think you have a broken
TCP stack.  The default timeouts on this sort of thing are annoyingly
long, but they aren't infinite.

Yes, this is the case. Both ends are running on GNU/Linux system and I expect that core components are OK, however, as I said, there are some weird VPN relays, and maybe one of them pretends, that connection is OK, while it is broken for a long time.

Thank you for your answers. Now I am glas I can solve the problem and throw away ugly workarounds. I hope my original code with NOTIFY and select() is all right, then.

Best regards,
Marek