Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout

"Several hours" might be more like it.

Better than infinity, of course.

 How long have you waited?

Two days, for example.

In any case, that complaint should be directed to your kernel vendor
not us.  We do not control how long the TCP stack waits before declaring
the connection dead.

Well, this is what I wanted to hear. So if I call PQstatus() or PQexec(), the libpq sends some data to the TCP pipe, and you expect, that my broken underlying TCP/IP subsystem pretends, that the connection is OK and the data have been sent. Right?

Thank you very much for your explanation.
Marek