Search Postgresql Archives

Re: sudoku in an sql statement

Greg Stark wrote on 05.11.2009 00:28:
Interestingly the first thing I ran into when I started doing so was
that apparently Oracle *doesn't* handle the lack of the RECURSIVE
attribute properly. It still put the common table expressions in scope
for the subsequent common table expressions even without the RECURSIVE
keyword, which is apparently just a noise word in Oracle.

It is a "noise" word in Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
Only Postgres and Firebird completely adhere to the standard by requiring it...

Thomas