Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 7.2 or 7.4 for critical data?

I will be installing Debian distro soon at my company.  I'll be
storing critical data and am wondering if I should go with stable 7.2
version or use the 7.4 version (for all the latest features and bug
fixes).  I'm currently doing the research for the management here.

I have checked the newsgroups/blogs/websites and there doesn't seem to
be any major problems with using 7.4 version.  If you are a DBA/system
admin at your company and currently using 7.4 for critical data
storing, please post your experiences and if they were positive or
negative.

7.4.2 is the latest stable version. I see no reason to use anything else.

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings