Search Postgresql Archives

Installation Postgresql

My background is Windows and I just switched, yesterday to, Suse Linux Professional 9.0. And I have a class project due Monday, which is on why select postgresql as your DBMS. I am trying to install postgresql and going nuts. I installed the postgresql package on to my machine. I am following the short version installation instructions, but I got stuck at the first step: ./configure . I've looked for it on my system but to no avail. I just want to get postgresql up and running. Every book I turn to has this configure file. I know it is my window background that is messing me up--I can't think Linux right now. I would appreciate if someone can give me hand so I can have a good experience installing postgresql .

Thank you. Steve