Search Postgresql Archives

Re: More aggregate functions?

* David Garamond (lists@zara.6.isreserved.com) wrote:
> What do people think of adding some more aggregate functions. These are
> the ones that MySQL has and PG doesn't:
>
> - STD/STDDEV
> - VARIANCE
> - BIT_OR
> - BIT_AND
> - GROUP_CONCAT (for strings, added in MySQL 4.x)
[...]
> Btw, I have written 1 or 2 of the above myself with CREATE AGGREGATE.
> But perhaps it would be nice if it's available as a builtin function or
> at least present in contrib/.

There's an example of GROUP_CONCAT already in the mailing lists but
a more obvious place, linked from the documentation, would be really
nice.  Having the functions included in the main distribution would be
nice too, of course. :)  I'd be happy to host such a page if necessary
but I really think it'd be better on postgresql.org and linked in from
the documentation as 'other non-standard/extra functions' or some such.
What can we do to make this happen?

	Stephen