Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP

Good afternoon,

      I move a number sites a few months ago to site5 web hosting but have run into an issue where they refuse to include the support for pgsql into the php environment.  Although they did try to install it with pecl that failed with no pg_config and missing libpg-fe.h.  It appears that the php modules do not install with out the developer tools installed,   An I have just run into a road block attempting to get this done. They refuse.  Note, I am not asking them to support a postgresql database, just include the support in PHP so I can access an existing database remotely.

     I went to site5 for their shared support & expertise of wordpress and other hosting tools that I thought would be better supported in a shared cpannel environment with dedicated resources,  than I could do on a dedicated server at say rackspace.  Now I am questioning the decision.

     Via my post here, I am wondering what others are doing for hosting options that  include both wordpress & php-pgsql

     Thanks in advance --

http://www.site5.com/p/php-hosting/

http://php.net/pg_connect