Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?

2007/3/1, Mihail Mihailov <Mihail.Mihailov@xxxxxx>:
Hi,

I think you should use ROLLBACK if the query cannot be executed.
one can commit only results of the queries that work.
Try ROLLBACK statement.

The thing is that when I try my transaction from psql console then the command ROLLBACK is being issued by the postgres server itself right after I close my transaction with COMMIT;. According to transaction logic and idea - if something goes wrong then the entire transaction is being cancelled by ROLLBACK - it is the server responsibility to rollback such transaction.

Now, when I try to do some inserts within my transaction I don't know if they will fail or not. Eitherway I am closing my transaction with the COMMIT; command - is that correct way ?
It works logically OK from within psql console (I start with BEGIN and then close my sql commands with commit) but it does not work this way from within PHP script. I believe there is some issue with PHP - I am not sure if PHP processor applies some changes to my query and thus ignores the commit command?

--
Mike