Re: [SQL] Question regarding multibyte.

Hi,

I am new to postgres. I asked a question regarding multibyte display. I got only one response.
Hence, I am re-iterating the question again to a larger audience.

We are using 8.2 release of postgres. Recently we converted our database to multibyte on our dev machine. we want to test the following.

1) How will I insert multibyte from our php? Do we need to use any special encoding? 2) I am using psql command line to get the data into a flat file and push to our data warehouse
      We use IBM redbrick warehouse.
3) If I have multibyte, I know the output from the psql will scatter to many lines. How can we avoid that. What is the sql command ? I need 1 record per row to supply to our warehouse.

   Can somebody help me?

Regards
skarthi

Valentine?s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8323,ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24095&tcode=wlmtagline