pg_[un]escape_bytea, pgsql 8.2.1, php 5.1.6, Linux

All...

Apache 2.2.3, PostgreSQL 8.2.1, PHP 5.1.6, Linux

I have inserted (via pg_query_params) into a bytea field some binary
data (a JPEG image in this case) which I have escaped using
pg_escape_bytea.  It appears, however, that the extracted data is
corrupt (NOT unescaped, more precisely), even after unescaping it with
pg_unescape_bytea.  If I perform another (a subsequent)
pg_unescape_bytea, it appears to be partially unescaped, but there
still remain errors because the rest of the image is severely
distorted -- but minimally recognizeable as part of the original
image.  What am I missing?  I'm using the lo_* functions as an
alternative, but it's hard to dismiss the ease with which it appears
to deal with binary data with a bytea field.

Many thanks in advance!

-- Gary Chambers

// Nothing fancy and nothing Microsoft!