Re: Problem with columns of type Text and Drupal/Prado/PHP5

On Aug 2, 2006, at 12:05 PM, hunkybill@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Examining the database storage for PHP sessions, it uses a column marked as TEXT to store session data. In my case of integrating not only Drupal, but Prado, I have extra data from Prado being saved into the session table. With mysql, columns of type TEXT are actually BLOBS. When running Drupal and Prado with mysql, session management works fine. With Drupal, Prado and pgsql however, I have a serious problem.

You need to use the bytea column type. If you need examples, Drupal prior to 4.7 used a text column in their cache table which caused problems with PostgreSQL. In 4.7 it has been changed to bytea. So a comparison of the 4.6/4.7 Drupal sources should give you clues if you want to alter additional fields for binary data because of the Prado.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL