Re: Problem with columns of type Text and Drupal/Prado/PHP5

It appears that in the Prado viewstate are some characters (binary??) that offend the pgsql TEXT column and write errors occur whereby not all the text is written to the session table, resulting in instability. There is a point in the text stream where some binary data probably causes an EOF or something?

Are you sure it isn't data that is UNICODE? I find it odd that they would be storing actual binary strings as session data (but who knows).

Since mysql TEXT columns are really just BLOBS, and they work fine with the viewstate data, is there a way to just change the column type from TEXT to something akin to a BLOB column in pgsql so that I can use pgsql instead of mysql?

There is, several different things LO and Bytea.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/