Re: Cannot make connection to postgresql 7.4 on FreeBSD

dicarve@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Last week, i compile postgresql 7.4 on my FreeBSD OS, and i planned to
> use it with php.
> I manage to run the postmaster, and i already saw it running in
> background with ps ax
> But when i try to connect with my php script i got an error which is
> look like this :
>
> *Cannot create link. Too many connection open....*
>
> I already enable the tcp/ip for my postmaster, but it seems doesn't
> change the situation
>
> Anyone can help me out?

I've heard of this "too many connections" message before, and the cause was
always a messed-up installation. Some things to check:
+  pgsql extension is either compiled into PHP or loaded as an extension,
but not both.
+  pgsql extension (or PHP itself, if pgsql is built-in) is using or
referencing the version of PostgreSQL's libpq that you think it should be,
and not some other version.
If this doesn't help, post more details: PHP version, self-built or not,
relevant part from phpinfo() for PostgreSQL.