Cannot make connection to postgresql 7.4 on FreeBSD

Hi list,

Last week, i compile postgresql 7.4 on my FreeBSD OS, and i planned to use it with php. I manage to run the postmaster, and i already saw it running in background with ps ax But when i try to connect with my php script i got an error which is look like this :

*Cannot create link. Too many connection open....*

I already enable the tcp/ip for my postmaster, but it seems doesn't change the situation

Anyone can help me out?

Thanks