Re: AP2

As far as I can tell, MySQL is usually bundled because of it's orignis
- PHP was meant to be a lightweight, easy to use scripting language
for personal projects, and MySQL complemented this by being a
lightweight, fast database server. It didn't need to be enterprise
strength, because 95% of PHP sites at the time were simple blogs; They
were personal sites developed by individuals.

Also at the time, PostgreSQL didn't run natively on Windows - You had
to use an emulation layer such as cygwin, and was a headache for
anyone with little *nix experience (i.e most individuals writing
personal sites). Hence MySQL, with it's Windows installer and easier
maintainance, won out.