From: Rick Morris [mailto:rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:28 PM
To: Announce
Cc: pgsql-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  PHP Generator For PostgreSQL?

Announce wrote:
> Maybe I need to explain a little more...  I'm aware of phpPGAdmin but it
is
> overkill in this case.
>
> A MySQL example of this would be "PHP MySQL Wizard". I'm looking for a
> PostgreSQL equivalent.
>
> What I really want is a time-saving utility that will automatically
generate
> some administration pages (view, update, add, delete) given a set of
related
> tables.  I want it to create some PHP pages w/html forms that
non-technical
> users can use to make changes to a database... Usually would support
lookup
> functionality for foreign keys, etc.

You might want to check out PHPLens (http://phplens.com/), which uses
ADODB to support multiple DBMS's. This is a commercial PHP toolkit, though.

I don't know of a free PostgreSQL-specific kit for this, but there are a
couple excellent PEAR (http://pear.php.net) classes for form generation
(HTML_QuickForm) and table generation (HTML_Table). With these, it's
really not too hard to automate a lot of the work of standard CRUD
database interaction.