last value

I tried to search some thread that could help me, but didn't find
anything (maybe because I didn't know how to search).

I have a script that insert some values in a table. After this, I have
to take the value of the primary key just inserted, and insert it in
another table, all in the same script.

How can I do that? Or if you have a better idea of how to get the last
value and insert in the other table, please tell me.

Thanks.
--
Roni Warken