Re: Delay INSERT

After a long battle with technology, skyer@xxxxx ("ON.KG"), an earthling, wrote:
> Does PostgreSQL have something like "INSERT DELAYD" - like it is used in
> MySQL?
>
> or any other way to delay inserting?

What problem are you trying to solve by using "INSERT DELAYED"?

As far as I can tell, the problem solved using "INSERT DELAYED" is
that in MySQL AB's product, processes take out full table locks when
they modify tables.

That is completely irrelevant with PostgreSQL, as PostgreSQL does not
lock tables that way.

Unless your concern is something rather more abstruse, I think you're
trying to solve a problem that simply doesn't exist.  There is no
reason to delay inserts in PostgreSQL because there are no such locks.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html