Re: too many clients

On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

You got a couple solutions, one of which is getting a connection
pooler setup between apache(php) and postgres.  SQL Relay
(sqlrelay.sf.net) could be a common candidate, as I have used it in
the past with great results.

Yes, I have taken a look at that before. It might be a good time to try it.

I don't exactly understand the technical difference between pooled connections and persistent ones.

pg_pconnect() is grabbing an existing open connection if one is available.

How is a connection pool more efficient in doing something along these lines?

Thanks,

Matt