Re: SQLSTATE in PHP?

No native function that I know of. If it is important you could emulate it using the error handler.

I.e., define a custom error handler which looks at the error string for the error, finds the SQL STATE code, and saves that somewhere. Then you can write another function which returns this saved variable and name it my_pg_last_error() or whatever.

Michael Glaesemann wrote:

Hey all,

I've been looking for a way to get the SQLSTATE PostgreSQL error code from within PHP to build better error-handling within my web front-ends. However, I've been unable to find anything. There is similar functionality for MySQL in the PHP mysqli_sqlstate() function.

Anyone know of a way to get these error codes from within PHP? Or is this a missing feature in PHP's PostgreSQL support?

Thanks for any feedback.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com