Re: Queries that return permissions

Hi Thom,

Download phpPgAdmin (phppgadmin.sourceforge.net) and look at the getPrivileges function in classes/database/Postgres.php.

Cheers,

Chris

Thom Dyson wrote:

I'm laying the ground work to migrate a database to a web front end.  One
thing I would like is, when generating the HTML,  to display read-only
fields as text, while fields that are updateable as input fields, based on
the permissions that the user has to the table.  This way a  given user
would not be confused trying to change data they have no permission to.

Does anyone know where there is code that will do this sort of thing?

Thom Dyson
Director of Information Services
Sybex, Inc.

      joining column's datatypes do not match