Selecting from two tables

I have a table called Jobs and another called Applications. I can query all Job rows, but how do I also include the number of Application rows for each Job row in the SELECT statement?

applications has a jobid foreign key

create table job (      jobid SERIAL,
                        login varchar(40),
                        jobtitle varchar(70),
                        jobdescrip TEXT,
                        jobkeywords TEXT,
                        valid int2 NOT NULL,
                        postdate TIMESTAMPTZ,
                        PRIMARY KEY (jobid),
                        FOREIGN KEY(login) REFERENCES company
                            ON DELETE CASCADE
                        );

CREATE TABLE application        (   applid SERIAL,
                                    jobid INTEGER,
                                    login varchar(6),
                                    apldate TIMESTAMPTZ,
                                    PRIMARY KEY (applid),