Re: array fields in the database and their handling with php4

I'm not quite sure if this is what you are after, but if you are asking how
to use a PostgreSQL array in php then it just comes in as a string, I then
use this function to turn it into a php array

function pg_array_php($array)
 {
  $new_array = explode(",", ereg_replace("[{-}]", "", $array));

  return $new_array;
 }

> Hey,
>
> i have a table 'mitarbeiter' in my database, column 'Abteilung' is an
> array{'Abteilung1, Abteilung2'}, because some people work in more than
> one section. Now i will print the results from a query like
>
> SELECT name, abteilung[1], abteilung[2],FROM mitarbeiter  WHERE name =
> D. Benner;
>
> to an html-table via php in this form:
>
> Name        | Benner
> Abteilung 1 | abt_1
> Abteilung 2 | abt_2
>
> I don't no how to handle the array-field in the database? Any hints?
>
> Greetings from cold germany Matthias

believed to be clean.