Re: Case sensitivity when searching for and displaying data

Lynna Landstreet wrote:
Hello,

I've gotten a simple PHP search page working on the artists database that
I've been developing these past few months, but I'm running into a few
problems with PostgreSQL's case sensitivity.

PostgreSQL has regular expression capability.

Try this with case-INsensitivity

SELECT * FROM table WHERE name ~* 'nAmE';

If you want it without insensitive...remove the asterisk.

-Robby

--
Robby Russell,  |  Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc.   |  http://www.commandprompt.com