pg_query undefined?

Does anyone know why trying to run a simple demo script (the one that came
with EZ_SQL from php.justinvincent.com) would be giving me an error saying
that pg_query() is an undefined function? It's a standard function built
into PHP, isn't it? It's listed in the manual...

I know the installation of PHP at our web host does have PostgreSQL support,
because when I ran phpinfo() it seemed to say all the right things about it,
so this is really confusing me.

Lynna
--
Resource Centre Database Coordinator