Re: form response

on 9/19/02 5:52 PM, warrenmassengill@xxxxxxxxxxx purportedly said:

> In:
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> (appears as above plus an entry for each of php2,3,&4)
> LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
> LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so
>
> These were all uncommented in the generic installation of RedHat 7.2.
> Where else can I look?
>
> I can create forms in php and tables in PostgreSQL but according to
> phpinfo(), php is not configured for PostgreSQL.
> If I survive this problem, that one is on the horizon.

Hmm, if the above directives appear in your conf in that order I think that
is the problem. I am surprised that Apache isn't croaking with an error,
since the module may need to be loaded before Apache understands what to do
with x-httpd-php. That may not truly be the case, but it does seem suspect.
What happens when you move the AddType to below the AddModule? Do the Apache
error logs have anything to say? Do these directives appear in a context
(such as <Directory>? How are you accessing phpinfo() if PHP scripts don't
execute? Are you *sure* you built PHP as a module and *not* as a cgi?

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.