Re: Fsync IO issue

On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 4:23 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 8:37 AM ProfiVPS Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I feel like ANYTHING would be better than this. Even risking loosing _some_ of the latest data in case of a server crash (if it crashes we lose data anyways until restart, ofc we could have HA I know and we will when there'll be a need) .

Try synchronous_commit=off:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/wal-async-commit.html

Yeah, or batch multiple inserts into a transaction somehow.   In the worst case, each insert can cause multiple things to happen, write to WAL, flush to heap (8k write), commit bit set (another 8k write), etc.  In most workloads these steps can aggregate together in various ways but not always.

merlin