Re: speeding up grafana sensor-data query on raspberry pi 3

Hi,

I was too lazy to switch to a ARMv8 rootfs, instead I used an ARMv7
postgresql 15.2 docker image running via podman to try the
suggestions.
The performance improvements offered by the new postgresql features is
really impressive!

5318.382 ms:  original query
2372.618 ms:  with date_bin
2154.530 ms:  date_bin + work_mem=64mb (quicksort instead of disk-based sorting)
0826.196 ms:  date_bin + work-mem + create-statistics
0589.445 ms: date_bin + work-mem + create-statistics + max_workers=2
(instead of 1)

So evaluating the complex/old expression indeed was really slow, using
date_bin already reduced query time to 50%.
Hash based aggregation further more than halfed the remaining 2,1s -
down to ~825ms!
826ms for one month, and ~8s for a  whole year is actually great - as
far as I can remember even influxdb, which is actually optimized for
this kind of data, didn't perform nearly as well as postgresql -
awesome!

Thanks again for all the suggestions and for such a great dbms!

- Clemens