Re: PostgresSQL 9.5.21 very slow to connect and perform basic queries

Hello.

Are you quite sure this is a 9.5.21 version of the pg_stat_statements extension? I got version 1.3 from SELECT * FROM pg_extension;
Is it possible that the pg_stat_tmp directory has been made non-writable? hard to tell if it was made non-writable during the outage. but now it is writable.

Thanks

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 1:25 PM Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
bruno da silva <brunogiovs@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Do you have a lot of especially long statements being tracked
> in the pg_stat_statements view?* well, the view was showing the query
> column null.*
> * but looking on  pgss_query_texts.stat there are very large sql
> statements, of around ~ 400kb, multiple thousands. *

Hm.  We try to recover from such failures by (a) resetting all the view's
query text fields to null and (b) truncating the file --- well, unlinking
it and creating it as empty.  It seems like (a) happened and (b) didn't.
It's pretty hard to explain that from the code though.  Are you quite
sure this is a 9.5.21 version of the pg_stat_statements extension?
Is it possible that the pg_stat_tmp directory has been made non-writable?

                        regards, tom lane

--
Bruno da Silva