Re: PostgresSQL 9.5.21 very slow to connect and perform basic queries

Do you have a lot of especially long statements being tracked
in the pg_stat_statements view? well, the view was showing the query column null.
 but looking on  pgss_query_texts.stat there are very large sql statements, of around ~ 400kb, multiple thousands.

Are there any other signs of distress
in the postmaster log, like complaints about being unable to write
pgss_query_texts.stat? no, just complaints for reading it.

Thanks

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 11:59 AM Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
bruno da silva <brunogiovs@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> After more investigation, we found that pgss_query_texts.stat of a size of
> 2.2GB. and this deployment has a 32bit pg.

Hm ... we've heard one previous report of pg_stat_statements' query text
file getting unreasonably large, but it's not clear how that can come
to be.  Do you have a lot of especially long statements being tracked
in the pg_stat_statements view?  Are there any other signs of distress
in the postmaster log, like complaints about being unable to write
pgss_query_texts.stat?

                        regards, tom lane

--
Bruno da Silva