Re: Query Tunning related to function

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 8:53 AM Kumar, Mukesh <MKumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We request you to please provide some assistance on below issue and it is impacting the migration project.

I suggest you try and re-write the loop-based function into a set-oriented view.

Specifically, I think doing: "array_agg(DISTINCT paymenttype)" and then checking for various array results will be considerably more efficient.

Or do a combination: write the set-oriented query in an SQL function.  You should not need pl/pgsql for this and avoiding it should improve performance.

David J.

p.s., The convention on these lists is to inline post and remove unneeded context.  Or at least bottom post.